[FreeNX-kNX] Protocol mismatch or no authentication data

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Wed Mar 7 23:54:50 UTC 2007

> > You mean you patched nxserver to advertise as being a 2.1.0 and
> > such the client also then sends a 2.1.0 instead of 1.5.0 and such
> > that patch is necessary, yes?
> >
> > So fixing it we could just do:
> >
> > if client_version != 1.4.0 as no one has 1.3x clients anyway ...
>
> Haha, okay. The "harmless" change of version was less harmless than I
> thought. I was sure that I had tried unpatched freenx, but must have
> left nxloadconfig patched :(
> Thank you!

I commited that != 1.4.0 ... Thanks, for noticing!

I always asked myself, why we could not advertise as 2.1.0 server, but I hadn't debugged it, yet.

While it did increase security for sure, I think my original patch for fake cookie authentication was the patch that brought most server problems  of the last year ... :-/

Kind of ironically ...

> I also made these other changes:
>
> Changed all instances of:
> rev | cut -d"-" -f2 | rev
> to:
> awk 'BEGIN {FS="-"} {i=NF-1; print $i}'

Good catch.

> which is a more efficient way of printing the second last field in a
> record separated by "-".

Sure, I know and love awk, but I hadn't thought about that.

> Added COMMAND_PERL key to nxloadconfig and changed all instances of
> the bareword perl to $COMMAND_PERL. perl might not be available in
> PATH and/or may not be named perl.

Yes, you are right ...

Please add also detection of perl to nxloadconfig.

> Made some small changes in order to allow COMMAND_MD5SUM=openssl md5
> in nxloadconfig (openssl is available on more machines than md5sum, I
> think).

Good idea, but please add autodetection rather than changing it. The test later could be done via:

$(echo a | $COMMAND_MD5SUM) == "<md5sum of a>"

> There is also an issue that posix find does not take a -mmin flag.
> Having it with a granularity of days sucks though. If I were you I
> might not apply that bit of the patch.

Hm, its okay. Its 30 days by default anyway as far as I remember ...

But what happens if the result of division is zero?

i.e. user wanted 20 hours, will it directly delete things?

So it would be good to add +1 or so, to have usable logs and not users wondering ...

Please also add small comment to node.conf.sample.

> This patch has been edited, so might not apply, sorry.

Hm, could you send a new one with above comments included?

> Thank you,
> Peter

Thank you very much!

cu