[FreeNX-kNX] Protocol mismatch or no authentication data

Peter O'Gorman peter at pogma.com
Wed Mar 7 13:30:02 UTC 2007

On Mar 7, 2007, at 9:51 PM, Fabian Franz wrote:

>> Hi,
>> We managed to finally connect to a 2.1.0 server using a 2.1.0 client
>> by patching nxnode.
>
> That is great for you!
>
> ... but well that patch is in SVN, in our wiki and in some other
> places ...
>
> ... its also in 0.6.0 release from this year ...
>
> So I don't really know what I should do now with your mail.
>
> I guess just being happy that someone else managed to use it, is
> the best solution :-).

Sorry, I am on a different machie to the patch and was not clear enough.

When I look at <http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/freenx/freenx-server/trunk/
nxnode?op=file&rev=0&sc=0> I still see:

         proxy_cookie=$(echo $[$RANDOM*$RANDOM] | $COMMAND_MD5SUM |
cut -d" " -f1)

         if [ "$clientproto" = "1.5.0" ]
         then
                 # enable fake cookie authentication
                 cookie=$proxy_cookie
         fi

Perhaps you moved the svn and the FAQ? :)

Peter