[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX 0.7 / NX 2.1 problems with Slackware 12.0

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Fri Jul 13 08:21:36 UTC 2007

On Friday 13 July 2007 05:27, Alain Lemerre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. Hosts file modification modifications solves the problem with KDE. GREAT
> !
>
> 2. What is the problem with "Run the console" option? Is it a NX Client
> problem or OSS librairies?

It sounds like NoMachine have changed the way the client tells the server it
wants to run the console. We haven't spotted this new session type until now,
so FreeNX has no code to handle it. It's probably an extra 3 lines in
nxnode - something like this as an extra case in node_find_application()

	unix-console)
		NODE_STARTX="$COMMAND_XTERM"
	;;