[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX namechange

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Sat Jul 7 14:35:56 UTC 2007

Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:

> Yes, and people keep confusing FreeNX with NX Free edition, which is
> understandable. I have two suggestions; LibreNX or, perhaps abit more
> humorous, NX Libre Edition :)
>
> /Jo-Erlend

Be careful with any name you ever pick for a software project.

I don't know for sure, but I'm convinced that NoMachine have some sort of
trademark protection on their NX brand (because most companies do this be-
for they start selling and promoting a new brand). Back in the time they
agreed with our request to use "FreeNX" as a name.

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS