[FreeNX-kNX] Undecorated window

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Fri Jul 6 12:16:21 UTC 2007

> Hi Fabian & All,
>
> Unfortunately, you're guess was wrong its not fixed in NXWin, but I

Why do you think so? I mean rootless mode works for me with NXWin ...

> don't think it comes from the client X server.

As I said already: The problem is in both programs, because:

- Rootless mode works with linux Xserver, but not with Xming => Problem in Xming
- Through proxy it works but not when using nxagent => Problem in nxagent

> The problem does not occur when :
> - you access directly the remote X server changing DISPLAY to the client
> IP address

That is to be expected.

> - you just start the nxproxy (-C) instead of nxagent on the server

That is almost the same as above.

> The problem only occurs with nxagent in rootless mode and the client X
> server is in multiwindow mode.

Yeah, but only if you use Xming instead of NXWin.

> Would you have a way to trace these X Messages in nxagent ?

Lots:

Just enable DUMP and DEBUG and Info in nxcomp.

cu

Fabian