[FreeNX-kNX] Need help for FreeNX 0.7.0 / NX 3.0 - Technical writers needed

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Wed Jul 4 16:28:02 UTC 2007

Hi,

after long pondering I will proceed as follows:

- Current SVN will be released as 0.6.1 called "Jornade SPL Edition".

(See www.jornadespl.org)

- FreeNX 0.7.0 will be rewritten / re-designed from scratch as else I cannot support the new features of NX 3.0.

This was long due and I think it will greatly help reduce bugs and problems that keep popping up again and again and again ...

But as one of the biggest complaints about FreeNX in the past was the wrong / missing documentation in node.conf and I am really not a technical writer and not even a native speaker, I need help with that.

I would like to have one or more persons that are preferable native speakers that I can send my texts to and which make them into nice understandable English.

Perhaps even adding documentation as use-cases to the Wiki while doing so.

This is not a one-time task, but a continuing ongoing work, while I develop the new configuration keys and document them and also write the new strings.

Btw. they will be i18n()'able as well ... :-)

If we can't find someone I'll use this ML!!! ;-)

Also FreeNX will move to a much more modular concept and use more "drop-in" scripts / hooks on its way, so its more easily customizable replacing some built-in functionality on the way.

cu

Fabian