[FreeNX-kNX] VNC over NX with FreeNX 0.6

Peter Daum gator_ml at yahoo.de
Mon Jul 2 14:08:26 UTC 2007

Fabian Franz wrote:
>> Has anybody managed to run VNC over NX with FreeNX 0.6?
>
> No!
>
> No one has, because its broken ...
>
> SVN is fixed and there is also long discussions on RDP and VNC on this mailing list archives.

Sorry - I had searched the list first but came to the impression that problem reports
regarding VNC where either referring to ancient FreeNX versions or very special settings.

For other people running across this problem:
it is not necessary to recompile the whole stuff - just get the current svn version
(with "svn co svn://svn.berlios.de/freenx/freenx-server/trunk"; at the moment version 333)
and replace the file /usr/lib/nx/nxnode.

With this little patch, the packages from  http://kern.nl/freenx/ seem to work fine.

Regards,
                            Peter Daum