[FreeNX-kNX] Sound: what is needed on the client?

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Tue Jan 30 14:38:12 UTC 2007

Fabian Franz schreef:
>>Hello,
>>
>>What do I need on the client?  I am using Thinstation with ESD. I can
>>play a .wav on the client, when I copy esdplay to the client. On the
>>server I use KDE. Is this OK, or do I need KDE sound-tools on the client?
>

> That is completely okay.
>
> You have to activate sound forwarding in the nxclient.
>
> Then esdplay should work on the NX server.

You are right, it works!

But, on the server I have ARTSD, it's a KDE environment.
Is it possible to play ARTSD sound on client with ESD?

I can also use NASD (Network Audio System Daemon) on the client, I don't
have ARTSD on the client (it's a very minimal thinclient).

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/