[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX 0.6.0.99 snapshot with full printing support and some bugs fixed

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Fri Jan 26 06:37:08 UTC 2007

> I'm triyng this version with a 2.1.0 backend (debin testing, cups 1.2) and
> a 2.1.0 linux client.
> basic use is ok, but I can't get the print part working:

Okay, lets see.

The client does startup the cupsd without problems or do you use the
wrapper script?

> I set the client to export only one private printer.
> but, I get a
> CUPS_SERVER=/home/e.blindauer/.nx/C-canette-1000-A65DD50AAD01A5EECB99BB676AEA3B26/cups/cups.sock
> but the subdir cups isn't created unless I add a "sleep 10" in nxnode
> after "cmd_node_addprinter"

That is really strange a sleep 10 should no be needed there ...

> when I add the sleep part after "cmd_node_addprinter", the dirs and files
> are created in the directory cups but I still doesn't have any printer
> listed.

Is the userspace cupsd running at all?

I mean do you have an entry in:

~/.nx/C-$NXSESSIONID/pids/cupsd

And if its running, what does ~/.nx/C-$NXSESSIONID/pids/cups/error_log say?

> Before I get the NX windows, with the started kde, I seen in the list of
> process, some xmessage processus, which I don't get on the display.
>
>  /usr/bin/xmessage -buttons Raw,Download
> (CUPS),Dymo,Epson,HP,Okidata,Zebra -center Choose

Strange. Perhaps install xdialog and try again?

Also did you check with:

nxloadconfig --check

that your system is ready for printing?

cu

Fabian

PS: Thanks for the feedback.
PPS: Need more testers. Come on that was theme on the mailing list for days and weeks and now all those persons are gone? Can't believe it ... ;-)