[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX development still active

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Wed Jan 24 17:58:04 UTC 2007

If we weren't trying to maintain compatibility with the NoMachine client
(which most people use) that might work. It could be provided as an option
for open clients like George Wright's QtNX where we can change the behaviour
of the client as well as the server. With the NoMachine client we have to
live with the restrictions it imposes. This is of course a good reason for
helping out with QtNX improvements ;-)

I suspect a method involving CUPS is the right way to go about printing
transparently, but we may have to give FreeNX the right to create printers on
the server's system CUPS. I also think we could include more printing options
than we do now as one method probably won't suit everybody.

We should probably find out what people want from printing before going much
further though. Any ideas, or usage scenarios?