[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX 0.6.0 released

Thorsten Schmidt meine_mailings at web.de
Wed Jan 24 16:21:46 UTC 2007

Hello,

Am Dienstag, 23. Januar 2007 04:52 schrieb Fabian Franz:
> Hi List,
>
> yes, there is a new release.

WoW - Thanks.

> So I have got a question for you after you have tested the new 0.6.0:
>
> What is the biggest issue you currently have with only FreeNX?

To be honest, I'vent tested 0.6 so far, but the biggest issue I've with freeNX
are:
- Client "turbulences" - for dozent times, new NX-Clients are unable to
connect to freeNX Servers.
- Build depends. It's almost impossible to build freeNX on new amd64 system
because of the Nomachine-FreeNX tail. (yeah, I know, forking the
nomachine-tools is a very difficult issue)
- Release continuity.
To be honest, I cannot recommend anyone to use freeNX, if he/she wants to use
it for more than a few weeks. Nobody says, that a new NoMachine client
security update will cauces turbulences (as mentioned above) and no patch is
availble in FreeNX for months (or will cause to patch from CVS and build
freeNX on my own again (see built depends).

Regards
Thorsten