[FreeNX-kNX] Web Companion Difficulties

Andrew Hodgetts aphodget at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 23 23:53:09 UTC 2007

Hello people,

I am having some difficulty with the NX Web Companion. I've put together
a session file that simply runs an application, say xclock, and I've
generated the html as I believe is required.

When I point my web browser (firefox) at the URL, the plugin starts up,
goes through the authentication etc and eventually I get to the
"Negotiating link parameters" message. The plugin will sit at this for
some time and eventually time out. It's probably worth pointing out that
the nxs file works if used directly from the nxclient, and that SSL
tunneling is turned on

When I look at the session file (~/.nx/C-xxxxxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I see the following
Info: Agent running with pid '1715'.
Session: Starting session at 'Tue Jan  9 13:51:55 2007'.
Info: Proxy running in server mode with pid '1715'.
Info: Waiting for connection from '127.0.0.1' on port '5026'.
Info: Accepted connection from '127.0.0.1' with port '35135'.
Info: Connection with remote proxy established.
Error: Parse error in remote options string 'NX> '.
Error: Failure negotiating the session in stage '7'.

Fatal server error:
Error: Unable to open display
'nx/nx,options=/home/<user>/.nx/C-xxxxx-yyyy-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz/options:1026'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Andrew