[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX 0.6.0 released

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Tue Jan 23 10:38:19 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 03:52, Fabian Franz wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> yes, there is a new release.
Excellent! Many thanks.
[snip]

> 23.01.2007 FreeNX 0.6.0 "Juliana birthday edition"
[snip]
>         * Fixed cups printing (added username and password).
Is this tested, and if so with which CUPS version? IIRC for CUPS 1.1 you need
to change from 'localhost' to the server's IP or name (so long as it doesn't
locally resolve to localhost). If you don't then CUPS tries to authenticate
with a local token, and fails because it isn't really local. CUPS 1.2 doesn't
seem to like starting the usermode cupsd at all, which breaks the print model
in FreeNX.

I've only had a quick look at the code so far, and spotted localhost was still
present, but may have missed an alternative fix.
[snip]

> What is the biggest issue you currently have with only FreeNX?
Can't print to CUPS 1.2 which is increasingly becoming standard on distros. To
be honest it's not too much of a problem for me or I would have put more
effort into fixing it. Still, it's a hole in the feature set. Other than that
0.5.0 has been working beautifully.