[FreeNX-kNX] openSUSE 10.2 and FreeNX

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Wed Jan 3 23:40:47 UTC 2007

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 14:42:06 +0100
Tim Gollnik <Tim.Gollnik at t-online.de> wrote:

> > You need to rpm -e all the x86_64 nx rpms and manually download
> > the 32 bit rpms from the repos and rpm -i them, then all will be
> > well (at least it was for me).
>
> I'm sorry, but that did not solve the problem. :-(
>
> Does anyone have any further ideas?

Actually, come to think of it, I may have also had to screw around
with some stuff because 10.2 is now xorg 7 based, and the paths
built into the nxagent executable were expecting to find things
in the older X locations. Do a "strings -a /usr/lib/NX/nxagent"
and grep for X11R - might have to add extra options or make
symlinks or something to make it happy (or I've got a program
I use to edit strings inside executables as long as I make them
shorter :-).