[FreeNX-kNX] maybe timing problems with nfs home andKDENXSession? WAS: problems to log in

Sebastian Reitenbach itlistuser at rapideye.de
Mon Jan 15 09:25:49 UTC 2007

Hi,

> You do know that DISPLAY number 1098 is _NOT_ TCP port 1098?
> What does the following command return (ran as root)?
I am aware of that it is not a TCP Port, but I thought it is mapped somewhere
to TCP ports for the nx proxy communication.

> netstat -tupan | awk '$4 ~ /:.*98/ {print}'
this only showed some unrelated TCP connections, at least I think so. To ldap
and ssh servers.
I assumed that it is mapped to the TCP Port, because after changing
DISPLAY_BASE, the ports for the nxagent at the server changed. I thought it is
sth. like the DISPLAY_BASE + 4000 + Number of sessions.
So I thought there might be something listening on port 5098, the standard
DISPLAY_BASE + 4000 + Session number, but there was nothing.

kind regards
Sebastian