[FreeNX-kNX] Any way to disable/change built-in NX keystrokes?

Phil Shapiro philshap at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 01:23:35 UTC 2007

On 2/27/07, Jo-Erlend Schinstad <joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27/02/07, Phil Shapiro <philshap at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I looked and found the official nomachine knowledge base article that
> > describes the keystrokes (#AR03C00172) but I couldn't find any info on
> > how to disable or remap these keystrokes.
>
> Perhaps they aren't configurable.
>
> > If it comes to it, I wouldn't mind building my own copy of nx to fix
> > this problem, but I have no idea where to start looking.
>
> Are you using the nomachine nxclient? I don't think its source is available.

I'm using the released nomachine client, but I believe that the key
binding support is in the server-side code, not the client-side code.
The key handling behavior changed when I updated the freenx and nx
software on my linux server; at that point I was still using the 1.5
client to connect. I updated to 2.0 in the hope that there would be an
option to control this "feature", but no such luck.

I'm not sure why you're not seeing this using the windows client.
You'd only see it when connecting to an nx server (not rdp or vnc) and
you have to be using one of the desktop modes.

-phil