[FreeNX-kNX] Minimum bandwidth req's

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Feb 23 14:33:54 UTC 2007

Alastair Johnson schrieb:
> There's certainly some adjustment available on the client end.
>
> In the 'Desktop' area of the 'General' tab of the configure options there's a
> slider for setting your connection type as Modem, ISDN, ADSL, WAN and LAN.
> This modifies the compression settings for the session to suit the bandwidth.
>
> For a little more control you can change the image compression options by
> picking 'Use custom settings' from the 'Display' area of the 'General' tab.
> The 'Modify' button then lets you select PNG or JPEG and modify the level of
> compression used.

I noticed these settings are not respected when one uses rootless mode.

In other words, changing these settings make only difference when one
starts the whole desktop, like KDE.

In rootless mode (single application started), the highest quality is
always used, irrespective of compression options used.

For more details, see my post "encoding/compression not respected when
rootless mode used?" from 22-Feb-2007.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org