[FreeNX-kNX] nxclient can't connect to freenx server anymore

Nico De Ranter nico at sonycom.com
Thu Feb 22 12:10:34 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have been running NX on a number of Centos 4.4 systems for a while now
and I am very happy with it. However after a recent system upgrade I
suddenly can't connect to the server anymore.

'm currently running:
nxclient-2.1.0-11
freenx-0.5.0-12.el4.centos
nx-2.1.0-5.el4.centos

When trying to connect I get the following messages:

NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 11207
NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
NX> 200 Connected to address: 192.168.1.1 on port: 22
NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
NX> 204 Authentication failed.

It looks like nxclient can't login as user 'nx' anymore on the remote
system. However the ssh keys seem fine. When I try to connect manually
using nx's private key I can logon without problems.  I have verified
the key for the server which is configured on the client and that looks
ok too.  The nxserver logs on the server are empty (but I don't think he
even gets that far).

Any idea why this may be the case or how to fix it? Any idea how to
increase the verbosity of the log files for nxclient?

Thanks in advance,

Nico

--
Nico De Ranter