[FreeNX-kNX] Some protocol questions

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Mon Feb 19 12:05:05 UTC 2007

> > So the question: is there a place to find full specs of NX
> > client/server protocol. I didn't found anything in the NX web site (but
> > maybe didn't search the right way)?
>
> If you come across any good documentation, please give us an url? I'd
> love to understand it better myself.

We have the NXClient Developers guide.

http://developer.berlios.de/docman/display_doc.php?docid=772&group_id=2978

There is the source of >5 clients and code.2x.com with full 1.5.0 server and client sources.

You can also take a look at some !M or FreeNX server log.

The protocol is that easy that it is really easy to implement.

To answer the two original questions:

- FreeNX does not check the protocol, but it is used internally to setup different behaviors.

- FreeNX still pretends to be a 1.5.0 even though a 2.1.0 backend is used, due to protocol changes from 1.5.0 to 2.1.0, which I know nothing about.

cu

Fabian