[FreeNX-kNX] "Could not start the local X server" ???

Verner Kjærsgaard vk at os-academy.dk
Fri Feb 16 09:56:00 UTC 2007

Hi list,

- on my brand new LENOVO 3000 N100 w/ windows XP home edition (sigh), I
installed the lates windows client from NoMachine as of today.

- when I fire it up, I get: "Could not start local X server", no Details are
available.
- I can't seem to find any hints in the windows log (who can..) nor anything
at all as to why.
- Norton Security stuff is all out and removed. No warnings, no nothing. Any
hints - other than dumping XP and install a sensible OS on the client :-)