[FreeNX-kNX] Implemented transparent nx mirroring support via x11vnc

Matt Grab mis at cindyrowe.com
Wed Feb 7 14:47:30 UTC 2007

Fabian Franz wrote:
> snip

> Resume the session, which is called Name (Mirrored) and has type vnc-mirrored.
>
> Voila, a new x11vnc/nxviewer pair is started, which connects to your running nxagent session.
>
> This allows the long asked feature of quick remote support and looking at the same display as the "customer".
>
> cu
>
> Fabian
>
> PS: As a for-testing patch as this still needs some cleanup ...

Fabian, does this mean you use vnc protocol to transport the nx session(
like display #11 or something)?  Or are you using nx to connect to
somebody's local :0 display?

I'm not sure what the desired goal or the means to accomplish that goal
is here - sorry if I'm just thick-skulled.

I wanted a way to see what users who are running nx sessions are
seeing.  So if I have 20 users running nxsessions, I can help somebody
who is stuck.
I found that running x0rfbserver inside their nxsession works well enough.
But I am probably not going to be delivering full desktops anymore, just
single applications is floating windows, so I guess maybe your way will
meet that need.

Do things in FreeNX server end up in the NoMachine NX server?

Thanks for the awesome software,
Matt