[FreeNX-kNX] nxserver (free) and FreeNX

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Fri Feb 2 12:52:54 UTC 2007

M77 schreef:
> I’ve downloaded nxserver free from nomachine site. It’s work like
> FreeNX?

Yes, but for 2 users only:
http://www.nomachine.com/features.php

> Or FreeNX is always necessary?

No.

> Today i’ve tested freenx on suse 9.3: with version 0.3 i’ve the same
> errors of debian freenx server 0.4, but when i’ve installed the 0.5
> version, it start to work very fine on this suse. So if install 0.5
> version on debian freenx work, but where can find FreeNX 0.5 deb
> package? I’m searching without success…

There is no 0.5 package at the moment, so far I know this are the latest
Debian packages:
http://www.vandervlis.nl/freenx/sarge/
http://www.vandervlis.nl/freenx/etch/

> Tnx for sugggestions, and excuse bad language, and possible boring
> questions.

2X is very interesting too, they have a opensource NXclient what is
useable with FreeNX, and with theire own server:
http://code.2x.com/linuxterminalserver

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--