[FreeNX-kNX] Question regarding usage of "Download (CUPS)" option

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky freenx-knx at kosowsky.org
Sun Dec 30 22:14:53 UTC 2007

 Can someone help me understand when one would choose to use the "Download
 (CUPS)" option?

 When I try to use it from a Windows NX client, I get the error
 message:
 	Download failed. Log is: ....

 In looking at the code in nxnode, I see that you are scraping the web
 page http://127.0.0.1:$port/ppd/${printer}_nxdl.ppd.
 Is this something that only works when a real CUPS server is running
 on the client (along with something like apache) so that this
 therefore wouldn't work in a typical Windows situation?

 If so, should logic be introduced into the scripts to only give this
 option in the dialog box if you are on a non-Windows machine or
 something to that effect?