[FreeNX-kNX] no !M splash on login and timeout on logoff

Chris Fanning christopher.fanning at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 09:44:48 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am starting to use freeNX to serve only applications (not the
complete desktop).
We can login and use the application and it works very well.

But just after the client logs in and downloads session information
and establishes X, the client dialog disapears and there is a wait
(between 5 and 10 seconds) before the application appears.

Normally, if we open the whole desktop, we see the '!M' splash screen
during this wait time.
This will confuse the users becuase they think that nothing is
happening and will try a new login.

How can I deal with this please?

The second problem we have is when we close the application.
5 to 10 seconds after closing, an nx dialog appears saying we have
lost network connection.
Is that a time-out problem?

Thanks.
Chris.