[FreeNX-kNX] Fedora 8 stopped working again

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Dec 12 23:27:04 UTC 2007

Earlier I got my fedora 8 freenx server to work by editing
the nxnode script and changing all the unix: to just :
All was well for a while, but I see there have been a lot
of X related updates loaded recently, and when I just tried
to connect to my fedora 8 machine with NX, I get the
session timing out after it says authorization completed
but before a window appears.

The info in the error popup doesn't say anything other than
it was killed with signal 15.

The nxserver.log file on the server machine says that nxagent
failed to start.

Googling for that message says I should try and start nxagent
by hand, which I do, and it works perfectly :-).

I even tried putting back the unix: in the nxnode script, but
I get the same results.

The session log just says the xterm I was trying to run cannot
contact the server at :1000 (or whatever number it is using).

What do I try next? :-).

I did just fiddle my sshd_config a bit, but since it seems to be
getting logged in, I don't think that is the issue (though I
could always be wrong :-).