[FreeNX-kNX] I used to be happy with freenx and nx

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Sun Dec 9 09:04:50 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 09:01 -0700, drew einhorn wrote:

> > > But now the nomachine client is complaining:
> > >
> > >    Server not installed or NX access is disabled.
> > >
> > > I can ssh into the box just fine so that's not the problem.
> >
> > Its a ssh public key problem. That you can connect to the server does not mean that the nx user can as well. And that you can with a password, does not mean its possible with a public key.
> >

> So how did it get screwed up?
>
> But much more important, how do I fix it?

Maybe an upgrade to sshd did change the configuration, or another
(newly) installed package did some kind of (re)configuration to the sshd
config.... Hardly possible for anyone here to tell you directly why.

Look at the FAQ page (address is in footer of all mails sent via this
ML) - there's a lot of help there regarding ssh which should help you
solve this.

	/Terje