[FreeNX-kNX] Keyboard Layout using RDP connections

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Fri Aug 31 15:27:43 UTC 2007

> Hey Fabian,

Hey,

> I tried your approaches:

> I changed that option. The trace ist attached to the mail.
> Sorry for the large attachment, but i did not want to cut the wrong
> parts...

Thanks. I took a long look and the result is devastating :-(:

According to the strace nxdesktop loads the german keymap just fine.

Which NX client do you use?

I guess a windows one ...?

There might be a keyboard=load parameter needed, which I had not reverse engineered at that time.

> > Create a shell script called start-rdesktop in /usr/bin/ (don't forget
> to make it executable), where you start rdesktop with all nedded parameters.
> Thank you! That works, but only for one user / for one Terminalserver.

Hm, sure ...

If we can't fix the issue with the client (which would be the best), you could try to change nxserver:

Around the start of startsession (after the lonely echo_x) do a:

if [ "$(getparam type)" = "windows" ]
then
   type="unix-application"
   application="rdesktop -f -u $(getparam agent_user) -k $(getparam keyboard) $(getparam agent_server)"
   CMDLINE="$CMDLINE&type=$type&application=$application"
fi

It might be that the parameter is not keyboard, but called differently. Look at your session log for more information and add any other parameters you need for rdesktop.

With that (as long as you don't use any spaces in parameters to rdesktop you should be good to go.

If you need to automatic filling in of the password, you have more work to do:

Use a rdesktop-start script like in first solution add "-p -" as parameter and add in nxnode:

agent_password=$(getparam agent_password)
+export agent_password

Then do in rdesktop-start:

#!/bin/sh

echo $agent_password | rdesktop "$@"