[FreeNX-kNX] Authentication failed with NX client ... MORE TESTS ..

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Wed Aug 29 22:10:10 UTC 2007

> I tried to connect an get the following messae:
>
> NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 8395
> NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
> NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
> NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
> NX> 200 Connected to address: 192.168.55.100 on port: 22
> NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
> NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
> NX> 204 Authentication failed.
>
> but I can log in with ssh -X user at 192.168.55.100

You should try with -i /usr/NX/share/client.id_dsa.key and it won't work either.

> with tail -f /var/log/* and the LogLevel set to DEBUG3 I do not see a
> message.

There will be a line in it that contains the user "nx". How about you post that and the context around it. Or upload the whole log.

We are not really able to fix something that we know nothing about.

> THere must be something basically false
> a) do I have the correct key in the client?

SSHD or auth.log tells you something, but you have not told us.

> b) I think sshd is the problme but I can not find what's false
>    the message is faily clear that the authentication is not ok
>    can I do the same command, wich is used in NX, at the commanline to
>    get the connection. This might give a hint.

No, it won't.

We need the server log from when the NX client tries to connect.

cu

Fabian