[FreeNX-kNX] Authentication failed with NX client ...

Michael Hoeller M_Hoeller at gmx.de
Mon Aug 20 21:11:56 UTC 2007

Hello,

>>> I have installed on a SuSE 9.2 the nxserver 0.2.4 via yast. Then I >>> run  # nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key --clean

>>> This is what I got:
Searching for nxserver binary...done
Setting up /etc/nxserver/ ...done
Generating public/private dsa key pair.
Your identification has been saved in /etc/nxserver//users.id_dsa.
Your public key has been saved in /etc/nxserver//users.id_dsa.pub.
The key fingerprint is:
61:6d:4f:ff:ce:ad:1a:88:6b:ff:8a:88:c5:24:ec:72 root at omicron
Setting up /var/lib/nxserver/ ...done
Setting up user nx ...done
Setting up known_hosts and .ssh/authorized_keys2 ...Unique key generated; your users must install

    /home/.nx//.ssh/client.id_dsa.key

on their computers.
done
Setting up permissions ...done
Ok, nxserver is ready.

PAM authentication enabled:
  All users will be able to login with their
  normal passwords.

You can change this behaviour in the nxserver script.

Warning: Clients will not be able to login to this server with the standard key. Please replace /usr/NX/share/client.id_dsa.key on all
clients you want to use with the private key from /home/.nx//.ssh/client.id_dsa.key and rotect it accordingly.

If you really want to use the NoMachine key please remove /home/.nx//.ssh/authorized_keys2 and run this scr                   ipt with the parameter --setup-nomachine-key again.
Have Fun!
omicron:~ #

>>> I have copied /home/.nx//.ssh/client.id_dsa.key
>>> to /usr/NX/share/client.id_dsa.key

>>> Then I have installed the NX Client from Nomachine:
>>>    http://www.nomachine.com/download-client-linux.php
>>> unfortunately I get an error message on the ssh auth

NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 9305
NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
NX> 200 Connected to address: 192.168.55.100 on port: 22
NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
NX> 204 Authentication failed.

>>> I have checked if the server runs:
>>> omicron:/home/kfo # nxserver --status

I have no idea why I don't get a connedtion. Has anyone a idea what I could check to find a solution?
Thanks a lot
Michael