[FreeNX-kNX] NX session freezes and clean up issues

Prakash Velayutham prakash.velayutham at cchmc.org
Sat Aug 11 18:24:59 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have FreeNX-0.4.4-15 in a OpenSUSE 10.2 system. My clients are all
from NoMachine. Currently I am testing from a Mac client.

I have session limit per user set to 3 on the server side.

Due to firewall and connection freezing, my client's connection to
the server just gets dropped. But even though with Session
Administrator I am able to terminate the dropped connections, server
still thinks these are running sessions. So within a short period,
all my users start facing too many sessions error from the client
side. Is there a cure for this?

Only thing that I could do is to cleanup from the server side which
sets all the sessions back to 0 for that user. Is there a way that
the user himself can cleanup his sessions on the server through a
separate SSH connection or something? Currently they cannot as the
session related files are stored in NX user's area which is protected.

Thanks,
Prakash