[FreeNX-kNX] Solving installation warnings on Feisty

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Wed Aug 8 12:59:42 UTC 2007

Hello List,
I am preparing an article for the linux Magazine on nomachine, freenx and
the "NX Zoo",
Can anybody help me how I can get rid of the following errors ? Freenx works,
but nevertheless there were the following errors after installation:

Thank you

##############################
----> Testing your nxserver configuration ...
Warning: Could not find nxdesktop in /usr/lib/nx. RDP sessions won't work.
Warning: Could not find nxviewer in /usr/lib/nx. VNC sessions won't work.
Error: Invalid
value "APPLICATION_LIBRARY_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libX11-nx.so.6.2:/usr/lib/libXext-nx.so.6.4:/usr/lib/libXcomp.so:/usr/lib/libXcompext.so.1:/usr/lib/libXrender-nx.so.1.2"
Warning: Invalid value "DEFAULT_X_SESSION=/etc/X11/xdm/Xsession"
         Users might not be able to request a default X session.
Warning: Invalid
value "COMMAND_START_KDE=/usr/bin/dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session
startkde"
         Users will not be able to request a KDE session.
Warning: Invalid
value "COMMAND_START_GNOME=/usr/bin/dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session
gnome-session"
         Users will not be able to request a Gnome session.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_START_CDE=cdwm"
         Users will not be able to request a CDE session.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_SMBMOUNT=smbmount". You'll not be able to use
SAMBA.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_SMBUMOUNT=smbumount". You'll not be able to
use SAMBA.

  Errors occured during config check.
  Please correct the configuration file.

root at ubuntu-server:~#
#############################

Is there a new nxdesktop and nxviewer package somewhere?
Which config file are these Parameters stored in?
I guess installing smbfs will solve the last two errors, right?

Funny: I am running a GNOME session right now :-)
"Warning: Invalid
value "COMMAND_START_GNOME=/usr/bin/dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session
gnome-session"
         Users will not be able to request a Gnome session."
Thank you for your help!
--

Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Markus Feilner

Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare und Workshops - auch Inhouse
Koetztingerstr 6c                93057 Regensburg
fon regensburg                  +49 941 8107989
mobil                           +49 170 3027092=20
www: www.feilner-it.net mail: mfeilner at feilner-it.net