[FreeNX-kNX] NX and PAM, a tough one...

Verner Kjærsgaard vk at os-academy.dk
Fri Apr 27 20:21:39 UTC 2007

Fredag 27 april 2007 22:01 skrev Fabian Franz:

Good evening,

- see my answers in-line..

> Hi,
>
> > I'll look into the /etc/pam.d/kdm idea. Thank You!
>
> You're welcome.

Eh, I just checked. Haven't got a kdm file in the pam.d directory...
(I'm on openSUSE10.2)

> > Within the next 10 days we'll be installing the first couple of
> > openSuSE10.2
> > on actual HP hardware with load balancers in front of them.
> >
> :-)
> :
> > A few interesting issues remains, one of them being the NX problem with a
> > first login and the auto creation of a homedir.
> >
> > Another on will be one of SSH identities....in that the load balancer
> > will send NX sessions to different machines, all depending uppon which
> > one has the
> > better time. This will, unless we do something about it, cause a warning
> > and
> > more to pop up...something like: "The identity has changed..."
>
> Well that one is easy to solve. Just distribute the same (private) host
> keys to all the machines that you could be loadbalanced to:
>
> /etc/ssh/ssh_host*

Yes, I thought that would be the hack we would employ :-)
I actually didn't try it out, I was convinced it would work. Now you saying it
too, convinces me further :-)

> cu
>
> Fabian

The other problem I mentioned (and solved) was the automounting of the users
existing WEBdav(!) pseudo home-dirs when logging in. This is done using fuse,
neon and wdfs. Works just fine.

I will keep you informed!