[FreeNX-kNX] fix required for usermode to function properly

David Mansfield freenx at dm.cobite.com
Fri Apr 27 17:16:37 UTC 2007

Hi All

I just wanted to confirm that, for me, the fix to nxnode mentioned by
Brian Ferris in his email (thanks Brian ;-) :

 http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2006-December/004385.html

is required to get it to work for me.  In other words, the nxnode needs
to use 127.0.0.1 as 'userip', not the actual remote IP of the client.

I'm primarily sending this in the hopes that someone will know what the
'correct' fix is and get it applied upstream, and also for users
'googling'.  The important error message is in the session log:

NX> 596 Session startup failed.
NX> 1004 Error: NX Agent exited with exit status 1.

The diff I used is attached.  It may break the server for non-usermode
users so beware applying blindly.

My server is centos 4, which is running the freenx for centos packages,
which are:

nx-2.1.0-5.el4.centos
freenx-0.5.0-12.el4.centos

I have the nxclient from nomachine on the server:

nxclient-2.1.0-17

My client is FC5, with:

nxclient-2.1.0-9

and the required modification wrapper-script for nxssh which is
mentioned in the mailing lists.

David