[FreeNX-kNX] It's me again - sorry! Trouble doing 'nxsetup --install'

Steven Maddox (Architect) s.maddox at functionoffice.com
Wed Apr 25 12:45:10 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

It's me again! I had to re-install the server because I mucked something
up, so now I am re-installing freenx... I can't connect (it just waits
and waits) and when I do a 'nxsetup --install' this is what I get...

Any help! Most Appreciated!

I can't make heads nor tails of what needs configuring/installing that
is not already!

zeus:/# nxsetup --install
------> It is recommended that you use the NoMachine key for
        easier setup. If you answer "y", FreeNX creates a custom
        KeyPair and expects you to setup your clients manually.
        "N" is default and uses the NoMachine key for installation.

 Do you want to use your own custom KeyPair? [y/N] NSetting up
/etc/nxserver ...done
Setting up /var/lib/nxserver/db ...done
Setting up /var/log/nxserver.log ...done
Setting up known_hosts and authorized_keys2 ...done
Setting up permissions ...done

----> Testing your nxserver configuration ...
Warning: Could not find nxdesktop in /usr/lib/nx. RDP sessions won't work.
Error: Invalid value
"APPLICATION_LIBRARY_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libX11-nx.so.6.2:/usr/lib/libXext-nx.so.6.4:/usr/lib/libXcomp.so.1:/usr/lib/libXcompext.so.1:/usr/lib/libXrender-nx.so.1.2"
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_START_KDE=startkde"
         Users will not be able to request a KDE session.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_START_GNOME=gnome-session"
         Users will not be able to request a Gnome session.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_START_CDE=cdwm"
         Users will not be able to request a CDE session.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_SMBMOUNT=smbmount". You'll not be able
to use SAMBA.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_SMBUMOUNT=smbumount". You'll not be able
to use SAMBA.

  Errors occured during config check.
  Please correct the configuration file.

Sincerely...