[FreeNX-kNX] Bug: negotiating link parameters -> timeout ON resume session. v.0.6.0/2.1.0-17

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Fri Apr 20 11:18:54 UTC 2007

Wow, what a great analysis.

> 1. When I connect to a suspended session, negotiating parameter link
> appears, and stay even after I am connected. After about a minute or so,
> the
> session disappear, and the negotiating parameter link window, becomes a
> connection timeout window.

I know of this bug, but was not always able to reproduce it.

> 2. Some sessions that were opened from a computer at an other place don't
> give a resume option. The resume button is disabled and only the other
> buttons are available. When returning to the other place the same
> suspended
> sessions does give a resume option.

This is due to different color depths. You would need to add 32 bit color internally in nxagent everywhere and then do color conversion for the visuals from 32 bit -> source depth.

> Remaining questions:
>

> 2. Why does the main nxssh.exe keeps running like it does? (Because if the
> server is still connected to it, and keeps it running, then the server may
> be adapted to sever the connection, or to instruct nxssh.exe to exit after
> suspend.)

Yes, I guess its a server side problem. Please do some experiments with testdrive.

Also watch in all your different scenarios, what kind of processes are still running on server. (pstree -p -u nx is helpful here)

And what processes disappear, when you exit a nxssh.exe on Windows.

And if you can get it to work, try also again to setup logging and do a tail -f /var/log/nxserver.log and see what happens again when you kill that nxssh.exe process.

If node.conf is ignored and nxserver.log has the right user (nx) and permissions, you can also change this directly in nxloadconfig.

[... Detailed analysis ...]

The steps I've wrote above are the next steps _I_ would try if I could regularly reproduce the problem.

cu

Fabian