[FreeNX-kNX] Windows NX client fails with Error 112 port bind for font error

Chris Fanning christopher.fanning at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 16:00:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

> This was asked before back in November of 2006:
>
> >Whenever I have one NX client and I try to make a new connection I get the
> error below:
> >Error: Call to bind failed for font TCP port 11000. Error is 112 'Address
> already in use'.
> >When I try another connection to machine on the local network, I don't get
> such errors
> >What could be the problem, I am using the Windows NX client with freenx on
> fedora
>
> I did not see a response, and I too am getting this error when opening a
> second NX session.
> The NX client is trying to listen on port 11000 for font server connections,
> but it can't do
> this for a 2nd session.
>
> Are concurrent NX sessions (to different hosts even) not supported?

Hi,
I've got the same problem. I can open many sessions on the same server
no problem, but when I try to connect to a different server I get that
same error.

Error: Call to bind failed for font TCP port 11000. Error is 98
'Address already in use'.

Where does the client get the TCP font port number from? From the server?
If that were the case, it could make sense because the server only
knows about the port numbers that _it_ has sent to the client. A
different server does not know the ports the client is listening on.

Just a guess. :(

Chris.