[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and Debian Etch

Frank Church voipfc at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 13 14:09:18 UTC 2007

On 10/04/07, jhonyl at netscape.net <jhonyl at netscape.net> wrote:

> I have installed on etch using deb files I found at some web site, google
> now gave me
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2007-February/004668.html I think
> this post includes the same site I used. Note that the usual addition of the
> web site to sources.list didn't work, and I had to download the files
> manually one by one and put them in a directory and put this in sources.list
>
>   deb file:/home/jhonyl/freenxpkg/ ./

I have been looking for freenx to work with Ubuntu Dapper and I have
checked the site at http://opensource.dental-on-line.com/?page_id=23.

When I attempt to do the apt-get install freenx I receive this error

_Package freenx is not available, but is referred to by another package.
_This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
_is only available from another source
_E: Package freenx has no installation candidate

Do I need a recompiled version for Dapper or make some to the deb
http:xx line to get it to work?