[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and Debian Etch

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Tue Apr 10 15:17:55 UTC 2007

Wolfgang Schweer schreef:
> paul at vandervlis.nl schrieb am 10.04.07 um 14:01 Uhr:
>
>>>Debian Etch is stable now. For some time I could use the old
>>>freenx_0.4.4+0.4.5-3_all.deb but this seems seems not to work
>>>anymore.
>>>
>>>On the FreeNX website I see a link to http://packages.debianbase.de/
>>>But I don't find FreeNX there anymore, and my copy does not work
>>>anymore too.
>>>
>>>Are there working packages for Debian Etch?
>
> for freenx 2.0 try this entry in /etc/apt/sources.list

I think you mean NX libs version 2.1.

So far I know you can only use these libs with the Nomachine nxclient
version 2.x (what is closed-source software) and not with opensource
clients. Please correct me when I am wrong.

I am now using Nomachine nxclient, but I want to switch to the nxclient
from 2X. This client works fine, but I have some Thinstation specific
problems with fonts.

> deb http://kern.nl/freenx ./

These packages are for Sarge, or did you test them on Etch?
See the announcement:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2007-February/004661.html

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.