[FreeNX-kNX] freenx remote sharing devices features status

Carlos A. Sosa carlossosa at milmacsac.com
Wed Apr 4 22:20:01 UTC 2007

Hello:

It would be possible to get a more detailed description about remote sharing devices

Under Linux:

It seems printers under cups and sharing remote devices are settled

Under Samba:

Remote Printers are not yet implemented. It has to be samba installed on NX server?.
what about windoze only printer?.

I use this command line on the Win 2K box where myserver.foo.bar is the
samba server...

ssh -N -L139:myserver.foo.bar:139 -l myusername myserver.foo.bar

Login with ssh and then \\127.0.0.1\sharename
ought to work, or what I do is put an entry in
c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\lmhosts like...

myservername 127.0.0.1

And then you can get to it as \\myservername\sharename

It could be possible to use this aproach?

Any aditional fact, could be consider. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Regards

Carlos