[FreeNX-kNX] NX and PAM, a tough one...

Verner Kjærsgaard vk at os-academy.dk
Tue Apr 3 07:42:44 UTC 2007

Hi list and gurus :-)

In short, I do authentication from my SuSE10.2 box against an MS2003 AD. If a
user exists in the AD but not (yet) on the SusE10.2 box, a homedir is created
uppon this users first login. It's been setup using YaST in Manage
Users/advanced.

Works just fine.

Now, if the very first login to this SuSE10.2 box comes from outside, using
FreeNX, a homedir (of course) does not yet exist. So predictably, NX fails.

I need some correct entries into (I think...) /etc/pam.d/sshd (or some other
file(s)) to let pam_makehomedir.so create a homedir, if it doesn't exist,-
when loggin in from a remote NX client.

I've not had any luck figuring out what to do where, in order to get such a
thing working.

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated!