[FreeNX-kNX] nxdesktop not working properly

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Mon Apr 2 14:37:35 UTC 2007

> please, download this temporary file www.newrope.cz/nx.zip
> It contains:
> - orig. nxnode and nxserver from freenx-0.5.0-11.c4
> - orig. nxnode and nxserver from freenx-0.5.0-12
> - output from diff between nxnode_11 and nxnode_12
> - output from diff between nxserver_11 and nxserver_12
>
> Is it OK?

Yes, perfect.

It turns out the patch is already in SVN :-(. I just completely forgot about it:

in nxnode:

        #
        # Which application do we start?
        #

        NODE_APPLICATION=$(node_find_application "$type")

+        # For rdesktop/VNC, there is no application to start
+        [ -n "$NODE_APPLICATION" ] || return

        #
        # Check if we want to use a mediahelper
        #

ChangeLog entry:

* Fixed RDP/VNC sessions. No application should be started for that type.
  (Patch by Bernard Cafarelli <voyageur at operamail.com>)

I guess its release time again even though I'm not yet really satisfied, but of course stability and bug fixing comes before new features.

Any other open issues? Besides broken MAC keyboard support?

I'll also write another mail to the list with a better subject, so if you answer the above questions do so there, so its all collected.

cu

Fabian