[FreeNX-kNX] Connect error

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Thu Sep 21 06:26:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 03:09 +0000, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> Does anyone have a suggestion for fixing the error above?

Turns out the problem was being caused by the custom gnome command I was
using to start the gnome session.  I'm guessing I was starting the
desktop correctly and it was killing the NX client start up.  Exactly
was missing, I don't know because I didn't look into it.

In case you're wondering why I was using a custom command: I use Sabayon
to create Gnome desktop profiles.  They're applied when the user logs
in.  But, when using the NX client, the script that is supposed to check
if a profile should be used and then apply it if needed, wouldn't work.
The custome gnome session wrapper script fixed this for a while, but
then broke.  I'm now calling the Xsession script as the custom gnome
command, and it's starting Gnome and the profile script properly.

Hope that helps someone, though it was a dumb mistake anyway.

Regards,

Ranbir
--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu