[FreeNX-kNX] nxnode segmentation fault

Balagopal Pillai pillai at mathstat.dal.ca
Mon Nov 13 03:23:01 UTC 2006

Hi,

          I have freenx 1.5 on centos 4.4 installed from the extras
repository. Connections from the latest clients from nomachine works from
both windows and linux platforms to the centos machine. But gets
disconnected after a few hours of use. I tried with the older version 1.5
client and it gives the same error. With the latest client, the following
error appears -

"the connection with the remote server was shutdown. Please check the
state of your network connection"

	   On the centos machine, log level on node.conf is set to 6. The
error there is  -
"/usr/bin/nxnode: line 315: 23711 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
PATH= "$PATH_BIN:$PATH" $PATH_BIN/nxagent $P $R -name "NX -
$user@$SERVER_NAME:$display - $session (GPL Edition)" -option
"$USER_FAKE_HOME/.nx/C-$sess_id/options" $K $G $B $FP :$display
$AGENT_EXTRA_OPTIONS_X 2>&3
NX> 1001 Bye.
"

	   There is a core dump on the home directory of nxagent it seems.
Any suggestions to fix the problem is much appreciated.

Thanks
Balagopal