[FreeNX-kNX] Cups 1.2

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Mon Nov 20 13:53:00 UTC 2006

Paul van der Vlis schreef:

>>Do you know if the nxclient
>>manages to create a working usermode cupsd if 1.2 is on the client? It might
>>give a clue as to what's wrong.
>
> No, so far I see now it does not. When I start a connection with Cups
> enabled, I get an error "Can't launch CUPS server".

But a samba-printer is no problem, it works on a client with Cups 1.2.
A Samba-printer uses no usermode cupsd on the client.

I've used a printerdriver in NXclient, I think these drivers are buildin
into NXclient. I've used the RAW driver on the server.

I am not so sure about security.

>>I don't know about getting OpenOffice or Firefox to use either the kde print
>>system or a different cupsd to the default one, but I would like to know...
>
> You can use an environment variable IPP_PORT then it should work.

Something like:
export IPP_PORT=10000

This is not implemented in FreeNX as far as I know.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.