[FreeNX-kNX] Weird NX behavior

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Wed Nov 1 20:53:50 UTC 2006

I've run the NX server on my box in the past without any problems, but
haven't looked at it in a while.  Recently, though I tried using it
again but have been experiencing a weird problem.

I'm able to connect to the box fine using the NX client, but then if I
idle for a few seconds (i.e., no keyboard or mouse input) the NX window
  turns to black with a big white X logo on it (see screenshot at:
http://www.darose.net/NXProb.png).  This behavior almost seems like a
screensaver, but I can't figure out for the life of me what's causing it
  or how to fix it.

Anyone know what that weird X is, and how to deal with it?

TIA,

DR