[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX on Suse 10.1

Serge Weinstock sweinst at ukonline.co.uk
Sun May 28 14:48:48 UTC 2006

-> >/ * The second one was a recurring warning message about the power save/
-> >/ daemon not running and about dbus problems.  I solved that by using the
/-> >/ default X client script for logging in.
/->
-> How do you configure your NX client to use the default X client script
-> for logging in?
-> Thanks.

I'm using the nomachine client and in the "General" settings I have selected:
"Desktop": "Unix"/"Custom",  then click on "Settings" and selected "Run the default X client script on server"

It works: on Suse 10.1, I thin that the default script is /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc which runs /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.common.
This last script launches '/usr/bin/dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session /opt/kde3/bin/startkde' instead of 'startkde'
and '/usr/bin/dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-session' instead of 'gnome-session'.

This last bit solved my problem with dbus.

Serge