[FreeNX-kNX] Compile nx/freenx on AMD (x86_64) ?

pogson robert.pogson at gmail.com
Wed May 17 11:55:19 UTC 2006

This will be so much fun for me when it happens. I use AMD64 for a
terminal server and freeNX will be good for remote admin/secure
desktops. I hate putting stuff in a 32bit chroot. It is just too
complicated (I know it is still less complicated than that other OS, but
I believe fewer parts makes any system  less complicated and more
reliable. ). I use SSH for now but will switch to freeNX when it is
available. I plan on building a powerful new server soon and will need
remote administration from time to time. One of the limitations of Linux
for now is the availability of in-house admins. If I can get remote
admin working well, and securely, this becomes no problem. Any local
fix-it guy can swap fans and discs as long as the remote guy tweaks the
configurations.

freeNX and OpenOffice going 64 bit (this summer?) will be wonderful. My
configuration problems will be cut in half.
--
A problem is an opportunity.