[FreeNX-kNX] Can't find key after install on new Fedora 5

freenx freenx at claymccoy.com
Mon May 15 03:04:53 UTC 2006

Tim Fletcher wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 00:38 -0500, freenx wrote:
>
>> I have used freenx on Fedora Core 4 for  months, and it is wonderful.
>> Many thanks to all the people who make it happen.
>> I recently installed Fedora Core 5.  The first thing I tried to install
>> was freenx of course! :)
>> I'm following Rick Stouts handy instructions, and I am running into a
>> strange problem.
>> The client.id_dsa.key file is nowhere to be found on the server after
>> install of the two rpms.
>> Anyone have any idea what is going on.
>>

> by default its found here:
>
> ~nx/.ssh/client.id_dsa.key
> /var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh/client.id_dsa.key
>
> Does this file exist on your installed?

Yes, that is what I mean by nowhere to be found. :)  My only directory
below /var/lib/nxserver/ is db.  There is no home.  What would cause
this partial install?
On install of the rpms I am getting one of those gpg nokey warnings, but
that shouldn't be stopping anything should it.  I don't know where to
get the gpg key for FedoraNews.  It seems like for some reason the
install of the rpms  didn't work completely, but I am not sure what is
wrong.  If anyone knows it would be helpful.
Thanks,
Clay