[FreeNX-kNX] Problems migrating sessions from x86 to Mac

Eike Hein sho at eikehein.com
Sat May 6 14:08:31 UTC 2006

Eike Hein wrote:
> (a) The keyboard is entirely dysfunctional, i.e. hitting
>     a key produces an unexpected result as if a different
>     key had been hit.

I've found a hackish workaround:

- I've started fresh sessions using the x86 and Mac clients,
  running "xmodmap -pke > xmodmap.pc" and "xmodmap -pke >
  "xmodmap.mac", respectively, to record the initially
  created (working) keycode->event relationship tables in a
  file that can be fed back to xmodmap.

- I've come up with a very ugly way to add a client platform
  conditional to my NODE_AUTOSTARt script by looking at the
  client IP in play.

- I run "xmodmap xmodmap.pc" or "xmodmap xmodmap.mac" in my
  NODE_AUTOSTART script depending on client platform.

This is obviously not something that could be included in
FreeNX.

--
Regards,
Eike Hein, sho at eikehein.com