[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX on Solaris: HOWTO and patch

Bruno S. Delbono Bruno.S.Delbono at Mail.AC
Fri Mar 31 06:27:17 UTC 2006

Rongsheng Fang wrote:
> FreeNX is great stuff, thanks to the FreeNX team! Please keep up the
> good work!

Hi, your patch is similar to mine but may not be very portable. I would
highly suggest that you link it to blastwave (And implement blastwave
like package dependency as there are too many pit falls the way you are
doing and breaking all sun dir heir structure for the third party
application). Upgrading this version will also be a bit problematic...

I've created a Sun SPARC package (under contract). I'll see if I can
submit my patches (which need to be applied to NX and FreeNX). As the
work involved (Supporting Solaris 8, 9 and 10) is too complicated, there
needs to be some packaging consistency.

Also note that Sun did not ship with a version of SSH in Solaris 8, so
we need to install (or suggest) to install OpenSSH (Solaris 8 can be a
nightmare if you think about it *grin*). Solaris 8, 9 and 10 have weird
passwd gecos fields which need to be played with during nx user setup
(*LK* vs. *NP*).

My two cents.

--
Bruno Delbono